Join us on Friday!

Monday, February 1, 2010

Talk about self education!

I'm not sure what the Pricess is learning, but I'm self-educating about living on the road. I am totally serious about wanting to hit the road, just not sure when (or if) it would be full time. And seeing that I don't even have a trailer yet, well....

Actually, the Princess was looking at a cool book I had gotten her several years ago about the human body. It has those tabs on the side where you can slide pics in and out of the book.

It has some cool pics of the skeletal system and more.

Then we got interested in reading the labels on our vitamin bottles and the labels for wheat germ and flax seed. Then we took a look at common labels- canned goods, cereal, fast food boxed stuff. Yuck- after reading some of that stuff, I'd rather eat the box!

We had to run out to the bank, pharmacy and post office. Did all that, then ran and got Golden Child from school. Then we went to the library to hang out for a while and make some copies. Then we dropped off our school report for the second quarter.

It amazes me how much the Princess has done and learned, even when it seems like she's done nothing!

Tomorrow we have Girl Scouts. We are getting a "tech" tub from the council. It has everything needed for the girls to get a badge. And, it counts as homeschooling!

Wednesday, we are back to the science museum to interview The toothpick guy. I hope the Princess likes interviewing people- I set up another one for her :-)

Thursday, I meet with a new student. I'm a Literacy Volunteer, and have an adult student who needs help. Maybe the Princess will go help the 6 yr old homeschooler, maybe she'll hang on the computers or reading at the library.

Hopefully, Friday I can just stay home! But probably not. There's always something to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment