Join us on Friday!

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Just another day in the neighborhood

Just to catch everyone up to speed, the one goat died overnight. Unfortunately, when I went out to feed, another baby was under the mild stand, almost dead. I think it went under there and couldn't figure out how to get out. We gave it emergency treatment- fed it momma's milk all day long, kept it warm. It perked up by nightfall and was hopping everywhere! Took it out to  momma- she let it eat for a while, then kicked it away. Figured we'd be in for a few weeks of mothering.

Unfortunately, the next morning it took a turn for the worse. It hung on (barely) all day, then passed away. The Princess was heartbroken, but it's not the first time we've had a baby goat not do well or even die. I actually had a story published in a local magazine about the Princess being "mother" to one of our babies. I'll probably post it on my writings blog around Mothers Day.

The Princess had a friend (from public school and Girl Scouts) over for the weekend. They went to youth group at church on Sunday night- the friend really enjoyed it.

Today the princess checked out some websites I found in my searches. The game Geography Challenge was...well CHALLENGING! Who knew there were that many countries? I'm started to learn how much I DIDN'T learn in school.

Eclectic Homeschoolings website has TONS of cool learning games, virtual tours and more!

Here is a great blog post I found last night from a freshman who had always been "unschooled." He decided to try public school in his freshman year to see what it was like. You can read his experiences HERE. Quite interesting.

We have Girl Scouts today. We are into cookie season- yeeeee-haw!

No comments:

Post a Comment